News & updates
So Close to Our Goal!
by Amanda Froh, Capital Campaign Chair
I am happy to report that we have secured 99% of the funding needed to complete our Campaign for Accessibility. That means that we have just $13,854 left to raise. If every person who receives this email gave $10, we’d reach our goal! Read more »
Good news, supporters! Among a group of 100 arts, culture, and heritage projects throughout King County, PNA has received an award of $47,945 towards our Campaign for Accessibility, made possible by King County and 4Culture’s Building for Culture funding program. Read more »
Construction continues on schedule and without any major surprises. Demolition has been completed, the elevator shaft has been poured and lots of work is happening outside to create the new community plaza. Read more »
Campaign donors Glen and Susan Beebe took a tour of the Brick Building recently and experienced the difference their support is making. If you are interested in taking a tour, please contact Amy Besunder at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are breaking ground and beginning our work to make the Brick Building accessible to all. To date, we have raise 94% of the dollars needed to fund this project and because of folks like you, we feel confident we will be able raise the remaining 6% and declare this campaign a success!
Give today »
We are less than a month away from breaking ground! To date, we have raised 93% of the dollars needed to fully fund this project and because of folks like you, we feel confident we will be able raise the remaining 7% and declare this campaign a success! Read more »
Every August, Town & Country Markets puts on an amazing charity golf tournament and this year our local shop, Ballard Market, selected Phinney Neighborhood Association’s Campaign for Accessibility to be the beneficiary of the proceeds of this event. Read more »
Like many of us in the PhinneyWood community, I have gone in and out of the Brick Building hundreds of times. Up the stairs to a class….down the stairs to Community Hall…up the stairs with my son in tow to Montessori Garden…back down the stairs to the parking lot. On and on and on…sometimes I wish I had a fitbit to track all those steps! Read more »
I’m a member of the PNA Board and serve on the Fund Development Committee. I’ve lived in the Phinney Ridge neighborhood since I moved here with my husband and son 20 years ago. I can usually be seen riding my bike to and from work. Read more »
On Saturday, May 2nd, I attended my 7th PNA Auction. This is always one of my favorite events and I look forward to it months in advance. This year, I sensed something especially magical about our Viva Las Vegas auction and my intuition was not wrong. Read more »
The Washington State Legislature headed into a special session last week. The Legislators' to-do list for the coming days is weighty. The House and Senate must work out their differences on the state budget, education spending and a transportation package. Read more »
In mid-April, the Phinney Neighborhood Association embarked on a new, intriguing, and very personal way to connect members of the PNA community – a Jeffersonian Dinner. What is a Jeffersonian Dinner, you ask? Basically, it’s a dinner party with a twist. Read more »
I love attending the PNA Winter Festival and often volunteer to be a greeter and collect admissions. One year I was stationed at the PNA Brick Building entrance. You can probably picture this not very inviting entrance from the parking lot. Read more »
Last August, I traveled to Tacoma to attend an open meeting of the Heritage Capital Projects Fund advisory panel and learn the results of the grant we submitted to support the Campaign for Accessibility.With $750,000 on the line, I was a ball of nerves. Read more »
The Brick Building is a hub of activity for PNA and community events. The Dragon Room on the ground floor is home to a childcare program that serves dozens of families and young children. Next door at Community Hall the PNA hosts concerts, shows, meetings, dog training workshops, arts and crafts fairs, meals, and any other community event that fits into the space. Read more »
Hi, PNA Community. This is my first year on the PNA Board. Born and raised in Indiana, I now am a Phinney Ridge resident and am taking full advantage of living in the Pacific Northwest. Hiking in the Cascades under the summer sun, downhill skiing when the weather allows in the winter, and playing a weekly soccer game, I do my best to stay active. Read more »
Lorraine Johnson has been a PNA member since age two and a half, when she first came to preschool here. Fourteen years ago—as soon as she turned 21—she started volunteering as a bouncer at the PNA Beer Taste. This year, though, she came as a guest. Because this year she’s in a wheelchair. Read more »
We are pleased to announce that the Office of Arts & Culture has awarded $9000 to support our Campaign for Accessibility through their Cultural Facilities Fund. Read more »