30 Years of Beer! And the winners are…
Photo: PNA’s Ana Maria (L) and Chardell (M), and Georgetown’s Manny Chao (R).
On Saturday November 11, over 650 folks slushed through the drizzle to the cozy (maybe too cozy!?) Phinney Center Blue Building to taste from some 70+ brews from 37 local microbreweries at our sold-out 30th Anniversary Winter Beer Taste.
Seven breweries collaborated with the PNA Beer Committee to make special concoctions for the event; two of those won crowd favorite. The votes counted up as follows:
#1. Georgetown Brewing Company: Chardell Chocovfefe Stout
#2. Reuben’s Brews: Haze in the Hood
#3. Dirty Couch Brewing: Menagerie Sour Ale
#1 Cider. Woodinville Ciderworks: Oaked Chipotle
(See the program with the full list of breweries, brews and their descriptions.)
The beers and ciders were excellent; tasters and brewers alike had a great time. And, of course, we’re tickled that PNA-staffer/Beer Taste Planner Extraordinaire Chardell’s namesake beer won first place. (And another PNA collaboration beer-Reuben’s Brews‘ Haze in the Hood – was #2).
Stay tuned to find out how much this fabulous event raised for PNA’s activities, programs and services for our community!
Let’s see your photos!
Beer Taste Sponsor
Much love to PNA beer collaborators…
- Flying Bike Cooperative Brewery (St Phinneyus)
- Georgetown Brewing Company (Chardell Chocovfefe Stout)
- Lucky Envelope Brewing (XXX Citra Barleywine)
- Naked City Brewery (St Phinneyus)
- Populuxe Brewing (PNA Porter)
- Reuben’s Brews (Haze in the Hood)
- Rooftop Brewing Co. (Ridge Spice Saison)
Special thanks to…
- All of the participating breweries for donating their beer to taste and brewery gear for the auction!
- Naked City Brewery & Taphouse for the seasonal pickled vegetables
- 74th Street Ale House for hummus and baguettes
- DJ Hefe for spinnin’ vinyl
- Starbucks for the coffee
- PNA Beer Taste Committee
- Beer Taste volunteers
- Everyone who came and had a great time (especially the designated drivers- you guys are awesome)!