Please note: This calendar shows activities organized or sponsored by the PNA (including the Greenwood Senior Center). It does not include activities organized by other community members, groups, or businesses renting space at the centers.
- This event has passed.
Carpool Cinema: Beasts of the Southern Wild
Saturday, September 19, 2020 @ 7:30 pm - 10:00 pm
One event on Saturday September 19, 2020 at 7:30 pm
Two nights! Fri, Sept 18 & Sat. Sept 19
PNA is proud to partner with UHeights, Project Pilgrimage, and Scarecrow Video to bring you three weekends of Carpool Cinema, featuring stories about and starring African Americans. Get in your car, and join us!
Thanks to Swedish Hospital for sponsoring this event, and to Companis and The Grand Illusion for their additional support.
The first weekend in the series features the four-time Academy Award-nominated film, “Beasts of The Southern Wild”. A fantastical, emotionally powerful journey of a six-year-old girl Hushpuppy who, buoyed by her childish optimism and extraordinary imagination, believes that the natural order is in balance with the universe until a fierce storm changes her reality. Desperate to repair the structure of her world in order to save her ailing father and sinking home, this tiny hero must learn to survive unstoppable catastrophes of epic proportions.
All films will be screened in the lower parking lot of Phinney Center. Entry is off N 67th St. between Phinney Ave N and Dayton Ave. N. The lot will open at 7:30 PM and movie will begin at 8 PM.
Gathering with others at a ‘car-pool cinema’ is a great way to safely get together during Covid-19. To keep everyone healthy, here are some rules the state has asked us to enforce:
- Customers must remain inside their vehicles at all times except to visit the porta-potty located in the parking lot. Should a line develop, please maintain social distancing by staying 6 feet apart.
- Customers should wear a face covering when entering the parking lot or when leaving cars for any reason
- We will direct you to a parking spot that ensures the state-mandated distance between cars can be maintained.
- All of our staff will be masked and gloved and will observe social distancing.
- Food and beverages will not be available at the venue. We recommend you patronize one of the many neighborhood restaurants or bring a cooler.
- After the film, please wait for our staff to direct you out of the parking lot.
- In case of inclement weather where it is no longer possible to show the film (heavy rain, dangerous winds, etc.), we will need to cancel. All patrons will be automatically refunded.
If you have any questions, please contact [email protected]
Ticketing: UHeights’ Pay-What-You-Can model allows their events to be more accessible to the community! For this event, tickets start at $20 per car. If you’d like to attend, and cost is an obstacle, please reach out to UHeights at [email protected]. They have 5 free tickets available that they can offer.
Get tickets for Friday
Get tickets for Saturday