Please note: This calendar shows activities organized or sponsored by the PNA (including the Greenwood Senior Center). It does not include activities organized by other community members, groups, or businesses renting space at the centers.
COVID-19 Information: All in-person activities are subject to change, cancellation, or attendance requirements in accordance with current CDC, State, and County guidelines. Please check back frequently and read our current COVID-19 guidelines and protocols here.
- This event has passed.
Carpool Cinema: Moana
Saturday, August 28, 2021 @ 7:30 pm - 11:30 pm
One event on Saturday August 28, 2021 at 7:30 pm
Two nights! Thursday, Aug 26 & Saturday, Aug 28
We are grateful to The Grand Illusion for their additional support. Many thanks to 2021’s Carpool Cinema Sponsors: Ken’s Market/ Marketime Foods; Center for Spiritual Living Seattle; Hot Tub Boats; Chris Case, State Farm Insurance; and Salmon Bay Community Lending.
For the fourth film in the series, we will be showing Moana: In Ancient Polynesia, when a terrible curse incurred by the Demigod Maui reaches Moana’s island, she answers the Ocean’s call to seek out the Demigod to set things right.
All films will be screened in the lower parking lot of Phinney Center. Entry is off N 67th St. between Phinney Ave N and Dayton Ave. N. The lot will open at 7:30 PM and the movie will begin at sundown.
Audio for the films will be synced to a radio station, so please be prepared to use your car radio, bring a boom box, or portable radio.
Gathering with others at a ‘car-pool cinema’ is a great way to safely get together while we are coming out of the pandemic. To keep everyone healthy, here are some rules the state has asked us to enforce:
- We ask that customers maintain social distancing by staying 6 feet apart when outside of their cars.
- Customers should wear a face covering when using the porta-potty.
- We will direct you to a parking spot that ensures the state-mandated distance between cars can be maintained.
- Food and beverages will not be available at the venue. We recommend you patronize one of the many neighborhood restaurants or bring a cooler.
- After the film, please wait for our staff to direct you out of the parking lot.
- In case of inclement weather where it is no longer possible to show the film (heavy rain, dangerous winds, etc.), we will need to cancel. All patrons will be automatically refunded.
Ticketing: Tickets are $20 each, but feel free to add on a donation if you wish!
If the ticket price is a barrier or if you have any questions, please contact [email protected]
(hint: hit the “Find Activities” button in the new window)