Please note: This calendar shows activities organized or sponsored by the PNA (including the Greenwood Senior Center). It does not include activities organized by other community members, groups, or businesses renting space at the centers.
- This event has passed.
Hunger Goblin’ Food Drive
Monday October 26, 2020 - Monday November 30, 2020
Help nourish our community’s kids this Halloween season!
Sadly, Hunger Goblin’ won’t be an event of trick-or-treating this year due to COVID, but it WILL stay alive as a way to help our neighbors!
While Phinney-Greenwood businesses have traditionally opened their doors for thousands of trick or treaters the Saturday before Halloween, we have made the decision to skip this beloved portion of the event out of safety and caution for our community.
We will still be supporting the other half of Hunger Goblin’, however! We still want to benefit our partner FamilyWorks, and are collaborating with them to hold a specific food drive to benefit their “Kids’ Powerpack” program. Decorated donation boxes will be at businesses throughout the community to collect healthy, non-perishable, kid-friendly items to support their nutritional needs as they navigate the wonders of inline schooling at home.
- Juice Boxes
- Fruit Cups
- Granola and Energy Bars
- Fruit Leather
- Meals in a Cup
- Meat Sticks and Jerkies
From October 26 – November 30, you can bring these items and any others to our partner businesses and they will gladly accept them to help sustain and nourish our community.
Boxes will be at these locations:
- Diva Espresso – 7916 Greenwood Ave N
- Greenwood Hardware – 7201 Greenwood Ave N
- HomeStreet Bank – 7303 Greenwood Ave N
- Hooyman Chiropractic – 8013 Greenwood Ave N
- Illumination Learning Studio – 7720 Greenwood Ave N
- IRG Physical and Hand Therapy – 514 N 85th St
- Ken’s Market – 7231 Greenwood Ave N
- Phinney Books – 7405 Greenwood Ave N
- Phinney Estate Law – 751 N 75th St
- Phinney Neighborhood Association – 6532 Phinney Ave N
- Salmon Bay Community Lending – 7919 Greenwood Ave N
- Umpqua Bank – 7120 Greenwood Ave N
- Verity Credit Union – 8533 Greenwood Ave N