COVID-19 Information & Updates
The PNA is committed to the safety and health of our neighbors, community, and staff. We will be following the current Washington State and King County Safe Guidelines at all times.
As of 3/11, King County has lifted mask and vaccine mandates. Private businesses, organizations, schools, and childcare programs may still choose to implement their own mask requirements. Our various programs, sites, and renters are therefore free to choose to do what they prefer. We encourage anyone to wear a mask if they have compromised immunity, have known exposure, or would feel more comfortable doing so. We encourage the continued use of social distancing. We also encourage anyone who feels sick to stay home.
We will continue to update guidelines on this page, as needed, for:
- Events and activities sponsored by the PNA-both indoor and outdoor- including the Greenwood Senior Center
- Guidelines for renters and tenants using indoor and outdoor spaces of the PNA
- Staff working in PNA offices (including Greenwood Senior Center and Whittier Kids)
Thank you for cooperating and helping us to keep our community and our staff safe healthy! If you have questions, please contact us at [email protected] or 206.783.2244.
Current PNA guidelines and info (as of 4/28/22)
Overview of requirements by site:
Masks are optional indoors, though encouraged in public spaces. Phinney Center visitors, renters, and their guests can choose for themselves. For PNA’s special events taking place indoors, proof of vaccinations is required. Masks or vaccinations are not required for outdoor events.
Phinney Center employees must be vaccinated and boosted if they qualify.
Greenwood Senior Center:
Masks and proof of vaccination are required at Greenwood Senior Center during daytime programming (9-5). Evening and weekend renters and their guests can choose for themselves. GSC employees must be vaccinated and boosted if they qualify.
Whittier Kids is a mixed age/mixed grade program where kids are encouraged to work and play with different groups of friends throughout the day. Due to the nature of our program, we are taking an optimistically cautious approach and not lifting the mask requirements completely. Instead, we are making some adaptions that include mask-wearing in some situations. Parents have been notified of the requirements and we will re-evaluate April 1. If you are a Whittier Kids parent with questions, please contact Kathy at [email protected].
- Indoor PNA special events will require proof of vaccination either paper or digital (e.g., scan or photo on your phone).
- All PNA staff are required to show proof of vaccination and booster, if eligible.
- Volunteers who interact with PNA Village members and Greenwood Senior Center participants or GSC event attendees will be asked to show proof of vaccination and booster.
- All PNA sites are equipped with HEPA filters which are part of the CDC and EPA best practices for reducing the airborne transmission of COVID-19 indoors
- PNA recommends keeping six feet of distance between others whenever possible.
Additional information for the Greenwood Senior Center
- Masks are required at the Greenwood Senior Center at all times except when eating or under specifically stated circumstances.
- In addition, the GSC requires proof of vaccination and booster for participation in many of its programs. GSC participants can show proof of vaccination at the GSC’s front desk or by emailing a scan or photograph of their vaccine cards to [email protected]. A photograph or photocopy of your card is also sufficient for in-person verification. We will document your proof of vaccination at the time you provide it, and while you may be asked again about vaccine status, you will not be required to provide proof for each subsequent visit to the Center.
- If you are exempt from vaccination or have other questions about this upcoming policy, please get in touch at [email protected] or call 206.297.0875 and ask for Cassandra.
Additional information for renting space
- PNA is committed to making it possible for our building users (renters) to perform their activities in accordance with WA State COVID-19 Guidelines set out for businesses in King County.
- The best protection is to get a COVID-19 vaccine; PNA recommends that everyone who can, gets vaccinated and boosted.
- Activities involving children must follow current King County guidelines specific to schools and childcare. Babies and toddlers under age 2 should never wear cloth face coverings. Children ages 2-4 are encouraged to wear a face-covering with adult supervision.
- Lifting the indoor mask mandate does not mean COVID is over. You may choose to practice physical distancing, maximize indoor airflow by opening windows, wash/sanitize hands frequently, and clean and disinfect high-touch surfaces.
- It is very reasonable to continue to mask if you are at increased risk, are in contact with someone at high risk, out of consideration for people who may be at higher risk in public settings, or if you want to reduce your own risk for any reason.
- Individuals who are experiencing symptoms or have recently been exposed to COVID-19 should self-isolate and not enter the Phinney Center campus.
- The safety of the community is our top priority. Rentals are subject to change in accordance with current King County guidelines.
- Should updated guidelines impact the renter’s ability to continue holding their classes/activities on campus, the PNA rentals manager will work with the renter to discuss modifications, rescheduling options, and/or issue refunds for prepaid rentals.