Don’t Stop Believin’ Emergency Campaign
Together, let’s protect the future of the PNA
The Phinney Neighborhood Association depends on event attendees, program participants, and renters to help fund our community services, neighborhood programs, and our work of connecting neighbors. With our doors closed, our critical earned revenue that helps fund our people and mission has come to a halt.
Your PNA is working hard to ensure that we continue serving our community in northwest Seattle despite the pandemic and our public closure. We are providing free meals to those who need them, offering free childcare to first responders and essential workers; connecting seniors with lunches, medication deliveries, virtual counseling and support groups, and Zoom activities; serving as a resource hub to local businesses; distributing grocery gift cards and face masks to the community; and more. (Get details at What We Are Doing Now.)
Your support is more important than ever to keep our services going until we can re-open our doors once more. Gifts of any size make a difference and every dollar counts; no gift is too small. Please make a gift today to support our neighborhood programs, community services, and the future of the PNA.
Thank you for supporting the PNA in this time of need.
*Read a message from our Board of Directors
556 people from our community have generously given $140,496 to the campaign as of May 19, and another 166 donated $25,664 during the GiveBIG appeal. If you helped us get there, thank you so much – we truly appreciate your support of the PNA and our community as a whole!
While we had to cancel our auction, we’d like to recognize the generous people who donated the cost of their pre-purchased tickets and the fabulous sponsors who rolled their funding into the emergency campaign: Celine Patisserie, Columbia Bank, Kerry Fowler and Jan Gray, Greenwood Hardware, HomeStreet Bank, Jamie Flaxman Real Estate, Robyn and Ron Lewis, SHKS Architects, Swansons Nursery, and Woodland Park Zoo.
What is the PNA doing now?
Although our buildings are closed, we have been re-working our services and programs to serve those who most need it. We are exploring ideas to bring the community together virtually, so stay tuned for that–and if you have any virtual events you’d like to see, we’d love to know! Here are a few things we are doing right now to support our community:
- Feeding our neighbors by distributing hundreds of to-go meals each week though our Hot Meal Program
- Picking up groceries and meds for seniors through our PNA Village program
- Checking in with our seniors with phone calls, emails, and newsletters
- Delivering meals to Greenwood Senior Center participants and Village members
- Offering online classes, groups, and seminars through Greenwood Senior Center
- Providing free childcare for essential workers though our Whittier Kids program
- Connecting seniors and kids via our Pen Pal Project, in partnership with the Greenwood Branch of the Seattle Public Library (as of May 13, we’ve connected 60 seniors and kids)
- Supporting PhinneyWood businesses by keeping them informed about benefits and connecting them to resources
- Spreading the word about current local business offerings via the PhinneyWood.com blog and an online business guide for the community
- Collecting and distributing fabric masks to our volunteers, staff, and community members
- Providing online and phone counseling, resources and support groups to seniors
- Helping seniors and neighbors apply for unemployment and housing assistance
How you can help now
We are moved and inspired by the outpouring of offers to help as we do our part to slow the spread of COVID-19 and serve those most impacted by it. Please consider supporting the PNA as we move through this time together. Below are the areas of our most critical needs we continue to serve our community.
Donate to the PNA
Your investment in the community and the PNA has never been more important. Facilities closure and the cancellation of regular programming and fundraising activities have a significant impact on the financial health of your PNA. Rent, tuition, program fees, and fundraising events provide more than 80 percent of the revenue needed to sustain the PNA you love, and each date we are closed represents an unrecoverable loss, deeply affecting our ability to operate and threatens the PNA’s very existence. Your generosity will help determine the continuity of our programs and services, as well as the very sustainability of the PNA.Donate to PNA Now
*To ensure we move resources as efficiently as possible and respond to the needs of communities most impacted, we are not considering restricted donations at this time. This campaign was created in hopes to support the entire PNA.
Donate by mail
Phinney Neighborhood Association
6532 Phinney Ave N
Seattle, WA 98103
Donate Stocks or Bonds
Please contact Raymond Chao at [email protected].
Are you thinking about including PNA in your will? Please contact Raymond Chao at [email protected] if you’d like to discuss the option.
Join, renew, or extend your PNA Membership
Learn about membership and sign up.Go to Membership
Phinney Neighborhood Association is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. Donations are tax-deductible to the full extent allowed by law. Our tax I.D. is 91-1112780.