Give the gift of community during the holidays
To our neighbors,
The longest night of the year is approaching and it feels almost like it is time to hibernate. But here at the PNA we’re wide awake, coming back together as a whole community both virtually and in person at one of our four program sites.
For over 40 years the PNA has provided a space where strangers become neighbors and neighbors become a welcoming and caring community. The ups and downs of these past two years have put into sharp focus the immense benefits we get from close connections with our neighbors.
Adjusting to unpredictable developments is our new normal, but it hasn’t slowed us down. In 2021 the PNA continued to support the community in many ways!
- Our Senior programs focused on eliminating isolation for the seniors in our community, by continuing to serve people virtually and in their homes to provide a way for them to remain connected to each other and the community.
- We invited the community back together to celebrate Día de los Muertos, our first in-person event in almost two years.
- Our Hot Meal program never shut down and at the start of the pandemic pivoted to serving meals outside to over 130 of our most vulnerable community members every week.
- Whittier Kids pivoted to providing remote learning support and child care for essential workers (now happily back to regular school year programming).
- We supported our PhinneyWood business district by connecting them to community members and helping with recovery support.
- We leaned on our community for help and engaged over 800 volunteers.
It is not an exaggeration to say that we could not do this work and meet the needs of the community without you. The PNA IS the volunteers, the members, the neighbors, the program participants, the generous donors, and the staff.
As we continue to navigate our way through uncertainty, we hope you see the value the PNA brings to this community, and we invite you to join us in this important work. Please consider making a year-end gift today. You can send your gift to the Phinney Neighborhood Association at 6532 Phinney Ave N., Seattle, WA 98103 or online.
Supporting the PNA is an investment in this community. Your contribution makes connections between people happen. We are genuinely grateful for your continued support and we hope you have a magical winter season.
Best holiday wishes,