Neighbors Helping Neighbors: Stacia Hofmann
by Karla Rava
Stacia Hofmann, a small business attorney, is a volunteer at the Greenwood Senior Center’s Tech Mentoring Program. Albeit not having a tech or engineering background, Stacia is inspired primarily by her grandmother who was quite tech savvy and has been a mentor since 2017. She found that once seniors learn a new technology’s basic behavior and characteristics, they are able to take it and run with it. Lately, she’s been helping seniors over video chat and says, “I learn from them too, like fun hobby or niche apps.”
Here are ten fun facts about Stacia:
- She has lived in North Seattle since 2006 but is a transplant from Oregon by way of California. In her opinion, the west coast is the best coast!
- Her first car was a 1980s station wagon.
- She had a letter published in Ann Landers.
- Her favorite city to visit is Chicago; she loves the architecture and hustle and bustle.
- She owns her own business, mostly helping business owners use contracts to solve problems.
- She loves flower gardens and her favorites are gardenias, hydrangeas, and dahlias.
- Years ago, she was stuck on the “It’s a Small World” ride at Disneyland for about half an hour. They didn’t stop the music and she still cringes when she hears the theme song.
- She’s got a pretty strong backhand…some of the time.
- She once got a flat tire mid-span on the West Seattle Bridge – at night and during a fierce rainstorm. (Not recommended.)
- One of her favorite experiences was the 2017 eclipse she watched with family and friends.