Volunteer, in the time of COVID-19
Meet people, have fun, do good.
Volunteering with the PNA brings people together to enrich lives and bring joy, laughter, and fun into the community. Many people find meaning through volunteering with us, and we hope you will too.
In this time of COVID-19, we are even more aware of the need of personal connection, building community and neighbors helping neighbors, all while taking precautions to keep us all safe and healthy. Our COVID requirements for in-person volunteers are evolving with CDC and King County guidelines, and may vary by program or event site. Please check back frequently and read our current COVID-19 guidelines and protocols.
Thank you for your patience & understanding as we work to best serve our community safely.
The best way to get started is to check out our offerings below and sign up for the opportunities that sound like a good match for your interests, skills and availability, or by filling out our volunteer application. We have many available opportunities, ranging from weekly to occasional; virtual to limited interactions to in-person.
If you are looking for service hours, please start by completing our volunteer application, and include both your required number of hours and due date. Thank you for understanding most staff are part-time, and we are doing our best.
Volunteer with the PNA, in the time of COVID-19
(updated 11.16.22)Volunteer Application Background Check Release Form
Submit Forms Securely
Greatest Needs (as of 11.29.22)
- Winter Wishes: support kids, families and neighbors in need this holiday season!
- Winter Festival: shifts from December 2 through 4, 2022; Phinney Center
- Costume Jewelry Sale: Wednesday, December 7, 2022; Greenwood Senior Center
- Make and/or donate treats & other food this holiday season;
- Play with Kids: support elementary aged kids after school; Whittier Elementary
- Help Seniors with Chores: through the PNA Village, you pick the chores you want to help with, when you’re available; at seniors’ homes
- Tool Librarian: Saturday shifts 8:30 am-1:30 pm; Phinney Center
Volunteer Opportunities by Interest
- Bake & Prepare Meals: Coffee Maker | Greenwood Senior Center Weekly Lunch Helper | Hot Meal Program Assistant | Treat Maker*
- Board & Committees: Board of Directors | Champions Committee | EDI Committee | Finance Committee | Site Committee | PNA Village*
- Donation Requests & Collection Drives (chronologically): Winter Wishes | December Feast Food for the Hot Meal Program
- Events & Fundraising (alphabetically): Bingo Karaoke (Dec 9, 2022) | Costume Jewelry Sale (Dec 7, 2022) | PhinneyWood Winter Lights Delivery & Pick Up (Nov 2022/Jan 2023) | Winter Festival (Dec 2-4, 2022)
- Garden & Landscape: Groundswork Gurus (Groundskeeping & Landscaping)**
- Help Kids & Seniors: Drive Seniors | Early Stage Memory Loss (ESML) Program Support* | Help our Senior Neighbors | One-on-One Tech Mentor* | PenPal Project* | Teach a Class
- Maintenance & Handiwork: Clean & Organize | Handy with a Hammer | Help Seniors with Chores | Tool Librarian | Woodshop Steward
- Marketing & Outreach: Poster Distribution** | Volunteer Photographer | Writers Wanted*
- Office & Admin: GSC Receptionist
- Technology: One-on-One Tech Mentor*
*volunteer from your own home!
Did you know that many employers will match your volunteer hours with a donation to the PNA? It’s a great way to double your impact and boost our work in the community!