A workplace giving or employer match program enables you to support the PNA even more through your employer. This can happen in many different ways. The most common options include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Your employer matches your monetary donations
- Your employer matches your volunteer hours financially (individuals and/or teams)
- You deduct the donation from your paycheck (monthly, quarterly, bi-annually)
- Your employer matches your payroll deductions
How does workplace giving benefit you?
- Your workplace or employee donations are tax-deductible.
- Payroll deductions spread your contribution out over a longer period of time, thereby making your household budgeting easier.
- When your employer matches your contribution, the impact of your gift is increased, maybe even doubled!
- A little side note: you can start by simply having your employer match your membership donation to the PNA!
How do you set this up?
That depends! We would love to simply give you a link that could register you for workplace giving at any employer. However, every company has a different system and program offerings. What they all have in common is that the employee is in the driver’s seat when it comes to establishing and maintaining their participation in their employer’s program(s).
Here are some good places to start looking to see if you can double your impact with workplace giving and employer matching:
- Start with your HR department and check if the company engages in workplace giving/donation matching. If you work in a big corporation, you might also look for “Corporate Citizenship” or “Community Engagement” on your employer’s website (this includes local, state, and federal government employers).
- If you set up the payroll deduction, remember to ask for the employer match.
- If you make a donation or join the PNA with a membership, complete the paperwork or the online form for your employer.
The following is a list of some companies and agencies that we know have Workplace Giving Programs. If your employer participates but is not listed, please let us know so we may add them here.
The Boeing Co.
The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation
City of Seattle
Puget Sound Energy Foundation