Ballard Preschool Co-op
Celebrate with BPC
In the beginning of the 2020 school year, we were faced with significant challenges. Despite those challenges, we set out to create the best virtual preschool platform for our families with learners from infant to PreK. After launching our new program, we gained tremendous support and grew with new families and students, and provided a critical resource to our community during this very challenging year in our lives!
With only a few weeks left in this school year, it’s time to take a moment and CELEBRATE these accomplishments together!
We are Celebrating ✨
- A community that came together during this pandemic to fulfill an enriched online preschool environment and a thriving virtual village for our children and families.
- Our tremendous teacher, Christine Miller, who developed an online curriculum for four different classes and 30 families and who taught preschool via Zoom five days a week.
- Our Parent Educator, Mary-Megan, who led weekly support and sharing sessions for our youngest families and provided our school with Parent Education, with hyper-focused content, for parents dealing with the struggles of raising our community’s youngest children during a pandemic.
- Our dedicated board that fought for new resources so that we are in the best position possible for planning a prosperous in-person program for our community next fall.
- Everyone at BPC and the PNA who is currently coming together as a team to create a better and brighter future for our children.
Our non-profit preschool was able to achieve all of this without our annual fundraisers that we rely on heavily in typical times. As we plan for classes next year, we will need funding to help provide increased teaching hours and create a curriculum for children from infants to PreK for both in-person and online classes depending on state restrictions.
Please join our community in Celebrating with BPC by making a donation and showing your love and appreciation for this vital preschool village. Money raised through the Celebrate with BPC campaign will go directly to next year’s curriculum development and increase teaching hours inside the classroom.
Make a donation to Celebrate with BPC today! Thank you so much for supporting our school and our children.
BPC is part of the PNA which is a 501(c)(3) non-profit. Your donation is 100% tax-deductible TAX ID: # 91-1112780
Our co-op aims to provide a part-time structured cooperative program designed to encourage the social, emotional, physical, and mental development of young children. It is also intended to be a resource and nucleus of support for participating families.
- Create an environment that encourages the development of young children through creative play
- Nurture each child’s sense of accomplishment
- Encourage families to share their unique stories in ways that enhance their child’s class as well as the larger preschool community
- Provide opportunities for parents to work closely with teachers and each other to learn about child development
- Foster a sense of community, support, and belonging for all those involved in the preschool