Ballard Preschool Co-op
Our co-op aims to provide a part-time structured cooperative program designed to encourage the social, emotional, physical, and mental development of young children. It is also intended to be a resource and nucleus of support for participating families.
- Create an environment that encourages the development of young children through creative play
- Nurture each child’s sense of accomplishment
- Encourage families to share their unique stories in ways that enhance their child’s class as well as the larger preschool community
- Provide opportunities for parents to work closely with teachers and each other to learn about child development
- Foster a sense of community, support, and belonging for all those involved in the preschool
We are starting the 2020/2021 school year online with a newly created enhanced virtual preschool program. Our combined Infant’s/Toddler’s class will have a more Parent Education focus with some parent-led circle times. While our Two’s and 3-5’s classes will have multiple virtual circle times each week led by our newly hired (BPC parent alum) Teacher Christine. She will lead our kiddos through songs, stories, movement, play, and stimulating hands-on activities. We will be using Zoom and Seesaw as our virtual platforms throughout the year.
We are asking our BPC families to be patient with us and flexible as we move through the year, as we expect much change to occur. Our hope is to continue to grow our BPC community as we move through the different phases of COVID-19. We expect to remain completely virtual while in phase 2, with the hope to discuss possible in-person/outside preschool when we enter phase 3, and moving into in-person/inside our school in phase 4 with a vaccine.
Age Range: Infants/Toddlers (turn 1 between Sep 1, 2019 and Aug 31, 2020)
Circle Time- Mondays, 9:30-10 am
Parent Ed- Tuesdays, 2:30-3 pm
Age Range: Twos
Wednesdays and Fridays, 10-10:30 am
Age Range: 3-5 Years
Tuesday through Thursday, 1:15-1:45 pm
Please contact the registrar at [email protected] with questionsRegister here