Ballard Preschool Co-op
Our co-op aims to provide a part-time structured cooperative program designed to encourage the social, emotional, physical, and mental development of young children. It is also intended to be a resource and nucleus of support for participating families.
- Create an environment that encourages the development of young children through creative play
- Nurture each child’s sense of accomplishment
- Encourage families to share their unique stories in ways that enhance their child’s class as well as the larger preschool community
- Provide opportunities for parents to work closely with teachers and each other to learn about child development
- Foster a sense of community, support, and belonging for all those involved in the preschool
Gently Used Kids’ Gear Sale!
Saturday, October 6, 9 am-1 pm
This is your opportunity to snag some fantastic deals or to unload all that gear piling up in your closets and make a little money for yourself and Ballard Preschool Co-op.
The sale offers amazing deals on quality, gently used clothes (newborn-size 8), shoes, toys and gear—including pack and plays, cribs, car seats, strollers, maternity wear and more!
The entry line typically starts forming before 9 am. Bring your own bags to haul all your great finds, and please park your stroller at the door.
You don’t have to be a Ballard Preschool Co-op member to sell! To sign up to sell, email [email protected]. A portion of proceeds supports Ballard Preschool Co-op.
Find more information and updates on Facebook.
Location: Phinney Center Brick Building-Community Hall
Ballard Preschool Co-op offers on-site childcare for siblings ages 6-months to 5 years, while the parents are working in class with their other child. Several of the playgroups still have space, so they’re now being opened up to community members!
Cost is only $8.50/hour and you can sign your child up for a weekly slot or drop-in if there’s space.
The following groups still have space:
Wednesdays and Fridays: 9:30-11:30 am.
Please contact the All-School Chair at [email protected] to sign up or inquire about becoming a sibling care provider.