Please note: This calendar shows activities organized or sponsored by the PNA (including the Greenwood Senior Center). It does not include activities organized by other community members, groups, or businesses renting space at the centers.
COVID-19 Information: All in-person activities are subject to change, cancellation, or attendance requirements in accordance with current CDC, State, and County guidelines. Please check back frequently and read our current COVID-19 guidelines and protocols here.
PHOTO/VIDEO RELEASE: Photos/videos may be taken at PNA public events. Please read the release before you participate.
- This event has passed.
Carpool Cinema: The Sixth Sense
Thursday August 12, 2021 @ 7:30 pm - 11:30 pm
One event on Saturday August 14, 2021 at 7:30 pm
Two nights! Thursday, Aug 12 & Saturday, Aug 14
We are grateful to The Grand Illusion for their additional support. Many thanks to 2021’s Carpool Cinema Sponsors: Ken’s Market/ Marketime Foods; Center for Spiritual Living Seattle; Hot Tub Boats; Chris Case, State Farm Insurance; and Salmon Bay Community Lending.
For the second film in the series, we will be showing The Sixth Sense: A boy who communicates with spirits seeks the help of a disheartened child psychologist.
All films will be screened in the lower parking lot of Phinney Center. Entry is off N 67th St. between Phinney Ave N and Dayton Ave. N. The lot will open at 7:30 PM and the movie will begin at sundown.
Audio for the films will be synced to a radio station, so please be prepared to use your car radio, bring a boom box, or portable radio.
Gathering with others at a ‘car-pool cinema’ is a great way to safely get together while we are coming out of the pandemic. To keep everyone healthy, here are some rules the state has asked us to enforce:
- We ask that customers maintain social distancing by staying 6 feet apart when outside of their cars.
- Customers should wear a face covering when using the porta-potty.
- We will direct you to a parking spot that ensures the state-mandated distance between cars can be maintained.
- Food and beverages will not be available at the venue. We recommend you patronize one of the many neighborhood restaurants or bring a cooler.
- After the film, please wait for our staff to direct you out of the parking lot.
- In case of inclement weather where it is no longer possible to show the film (heavy rain, dangerous winds, etc.), we will need to cancel. All patrons will be automatically refunded.
Ticketing: Tickets are $20 each, but feel free to add on a donation if you wish!
If the ticket price is a barrier or if you have any questions, please contact [email protected]
(hint: hit the “Find Activities” button in the new window)