Please note: This calendar shows activities organized or sponsored by the PNA (including the Greenwood Senior Center). It does not include activities organized by other community members, groups, or businesses renting space at the centers.
- This event has passed.
King County Seed Library Seed Swap
Saturday February 2, 2019 @ 1:00 pm - 3:30 pmFree
Sprout some new ideas for your edible garden in February! Come to the annual Seed Swap hosted at the Phinney Center by the King County Seed Lending Library (KCSLL).
Along with seeds of favorite vegetables, you will find enthusiastic fellow gardeners eager to share their best varieties. Nearly half of the 100 attendees at last year’s swap brought their own seeds.
At the swap, stick around to learn about both ends of the gardening year. There will be short workshops on seed starting, and seed saving. If you save your own seeds, you can make a deposit to the library’s seed bank at next year’s swap.
Bring your edible garden seed to share. It can be commercial or home-grown seed, but please follow these guidelines:
- Share only seeds of edible plants that your fellow gardeners would grow from seed, such as annual vegetables, herbs, and edible flowers.
- If donating packaged seed, it should be organic or open-pollinated or heirloom.
- If donating home-saved seed, please clean it off the stems or stalks and bring only the seed.
- You can clean your seed at the swap. We will have screens, and buckets available.
- All shared seed should be fresh, within three years of purchase or saving.
- Please label all donations with seed type, variety if known, and year it was grown/saved.
The Seed Swap is free, and open to all; bringing seed is not required.
The King County Seed Lending Library is housed within the PNA Tool Library. Other branches of the seed library are hosted around King County, and some have their own swaps. For more information, visit kingcoseed.org.
Location: Phinney Center Brick Building, Community Hall