Phinney Neighborhood Preschool Co-op
Phinney Neighborhood Preschool Co-op (PNPC) is a vibrant, community-based cooperative preschool that fosters the social, emotional, physical, and mental development of young children through play-based, structured learning in a nurturing and connected community.
Now enrolling Infants to Pre-K for the 2022-2023 school year!
We’re excited to bring holding in-person learning for the 2022-23 school year! There are openings in all of our classes, and a waiting list available for future openings if you’re not quite ready to enroll just yet. Contact the Registrar at [email protected] to sign-up or learn more.
Phinney Neighborhood Preschool Co-op’s community of families and teachers aim to:
- Create a safe, supportive, fun, and stimulating environment that encourages the social, emotional, physical, and mental development of young children through creative classroom and outdoor play
- Nurture each child’s sense of accomplishment and personal growth
- Encourage families to share their unique talents, interests, and experiences in ways that enhance their child’s class, as well as the larger preschool community
- Provide opportunities for parents to participate in their child’s first educational experience, working closely with teachers, parent educators, and each other to learn about child development and behavior, as well as parenting
- Develop and strengthen skills in group process, mediation, and leadership
- Foster a sense of community, support, and belonging for all those involved in the preschool
2022–2023 school year tuition rates and schedules
Age Range: 0-1 Years
Wednesday 10:30 am–12:00 pm
Tuition: $80 monthly
Age Range: 1-2 Years
Friday 9:30–11:30 am
Tuition: $115 monthly
Age Range: 2-3 Years
Tuesday & Thursday 9:30–11:30 am
Tuition: $160 monthly
Age Range: 3-4 Years
Monday, Wednesday, & Friday 9:30 am–12:00 pm
Tuition: $250 monthly
Age Range: 4-5 Years
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, & Thursday 9:30 am–1:00 pm
Tuition: $390 monthly
Age Range: 2 & under
Monday 9:30–11:00 am
Tuition: $80 monthly
PNPC’s Mindful Mondays is a special weekly class for waitlisted kids age 2 and under. Join Teacher Shelby for songs, stories, yoga, and play! Contact the Registrar for more info at [email protected].
Meet the teachers!
About in-person classes during COVID-19
Over the past year PNPC has worked hard to keep our in-person classes safe and fun for everyone by developing a detailed four stage plan to help our program pivot depending on current guidelines and on the direction of the pandemic in our greater community. We prioritize providing our students with as much in-person learning as possible, while including layered strategies to limit exposure and to keep our children’s health and safety front and center, all while following Federal, State, and local guidelines and protocols. These include, but are not limited to:
- A requirement for all parents, guardians, and caregivers working in the classroom to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
- Masks are required for all teachers, parents, guardians, and caregivers, and children over 2 years old (with adult supervision).
- Classrooms have been fitted with air purifiers and additional ventilation to improve air flow, and additional PPE is available if needed.
- Parents and children are required to follow a daily health screen and attestation to check for symptoms before joining class each day. Anyone with symptoms must stay home and follow current King County guidance before returning to school.
For many of our children, spending time with other kids is a brand new experience — one we’re committed to helping provide as we look for creative ways to keep everyone safe, happy, and healthy.