Phinney Neighborhood Preschool Co-op
Phinney Neighborhood Preschool Co-op (PNPC) is a vibrant, community-based cooperative preschool that fosters the social, emotional, physical, and mental development of young children through play-based, structured learning in a nurturing and connected community.
Phinney Neighborhood Preschool Co-op’s community of families and teachers aim to:
- Create a safe, supportive, fun, and stimulating environment that encourages the social, emotional, physical, and mental development of young children through creative classroom and outdoor play
- Nurture each child’s sense of accomplishment and personal growth
- Encourage families to share their unique talents, interests, and experiences in ways that enhance their child’s class, as well as the larger preschool community
- Provide opportunities for parents to participate in their child’s first educational experience, working closely with teachers, parent educators, and each other to learn about child development and behavior, as well as parenting
- Develop and strengthen skills in group process, mediation, and leadership
- Foster a sense of community, support, and belonging for all those involved in the preschool
Welcome, Teacher Adelle!
Welcome, Adelle McKee as the new Pre-K teacher! Adelle has spent several years working with Spokane Public Schools as a Designed Instruction Para Pro. She was responsible for designing curriculum, tracking progress of students, supervising groups of students, and collaborating with parents and staff. Her job required working with a very diverse group of kids. Through this experience, she has become very skilled at tailoring materials and curriculum to each child’s needs.
Welcome, Teacher Shelby!
PNPC welcomes teacher Shelby Hemp to lead the 2021-2022 Parent/Infant class! Shelby has a warm and vibrant personality and will make a wonderful addition to the PNPC staff and community. She has her BA in Elementary and Special Education from Western Washington University. Additionally, she has worked as a nanny and has several years of teaching experience in Special Education and Kindergarten.
Now enrolling Infants to Pre-K for the 2021-2022 school year!
We’re excited to bring back in-person learning for the 2021-22 school year! There are openings in our Toddlers, Twos, Threes, and Pre-K classes, and a waiting list available for future openings in our Parent/Infant class.
PNPC is a vibrant, community-based cooperative preschool that fosters the social, emotional, physical, and mental development of young children through play-based, structured learning in a nurturing and connected community. Contact the Registrar at [email protected] to sign-up or learn more.
2021–2022 school year tuition rates and schedules
Age Range: 0-1 Years
Wednesday 10:30 am–12:00 pm
Age Range: 1-2 Years
Friday 9:30–11:30 am
Age Range: 2-3 Years
Tuesday & Thursday 9:30–11:30 am
Age Range: 3-4 Years
Monday, Wednesday, & Friday 9:30 am–12:00 pm
Age Ranges: 4-5 Years
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, & Thursday 9:30 am–1:00 pm