In the case of inclement weather, the Phinney Center and the Greenwood Senior Center generally follow the Seattle Public Schools for closure.
Check for closure status…
- The Phinney Center and Greenwood Senior Center follow the winter weather policy of Seattle Public Schools. If Seattle Public Schools close, then we close.
- In the case of overnight snow, the PNA will post weather-related closure information on the home page of our website (scroll down to News & Stories), our Facebook page, and our Twitter page by 6:30 am.
- If Seattle Public Schools has a delayed opening schedule, the Phinney Center and Greenwood Senior Center will be open regular hours.
- If it starts snowing later in the day, or on the weekend when Seattle Public Schools is not in session, please check the online sources listed above to see if we are open.
If you have rented space…
- If Phinney Center/Greenwood Senior Center close due to snow, we will reimburse 100% of the rental fee for the lost date or we can credit the rental fee and reschedule your class or meeting for a later date.
- If the Phinney Center/Greenwood Senior Center stays open but, you cancel due to snow, we require that you pay 50% of the rent for the day even if you reschedule.
- If you meet outside of our regular hours, please use your own judgement on the weather and road conditions, and let the PNA Rentals Team know if you have decided to meet or reschedule. Feel free to bring a weather-proofed sign to put up on the main entrance of whichever building you meet in to let others know you are or are not meeting.
If you have a class offered by the PNA…
- If Phinney Center/Greenwood Senior Center close due to snow, we will reimburse 100% of the class fee, or you can roll over to a future scheduled class, if offered.
- If the Phinney Center/Greenwood Senior Center stays open, we will be holding class unless we contact you directly.
If you have a class/event offered by the community (organizer rents space from the PNA)…
- The PNA does not offer reimbursements for classes or events that are operated by outside parties that rent our facilities.
- Please check with the instructor/organizer of your class/event for their snow reimbursement policy.