Tool Lending Library
Need a drill for a day? A torque wrench for a weekend? Hard hat for a week? Staple guns to star bits, we can help. You need the right tools to do any job well, but not everyone has exactly what they need. Our Tool Library has over a thousand tools to share with our neighbors. We also provide professional references and DIY advice.
The Tool Library is currently closed while the Phinney Center is closed due to COVID-19.
Tool library hours:
Wednesday 3-6:30 pm
Friday 5-7 pm
Saturday 9 am-2 pm
6615 Dayton Ave N. (The east side of the Brick Building)
Here’s how it works:
- The PNA Tool Library is available for PNA members. Not a member? You can sign up when you borrow your tools (cash, checks, cards accepted), or sign up online.
- Browse the online inventory to see if we have what you need. Don’t see one? Give us a call or email: 783.2244, ext 48; [email protected]
- It’s a good idea to call first to double-check that tool is available/working and have us get it out for you. 206-783-2244, ext. 48 (or ask for the Tool Library)
- The location of the library is 6615 Dayton Ave N. (the east side of the Brick Building) – you can park in the driveway loading spots right outside the Tool Library, on the street on Dayton, or in the Phinney Center Lower Lot and go down the side stairs.
- Keep the tool for as long as you need! (If you’re going to have it a long time, it’s nice to call and give the tool librarian a heads-up)
- Donations encouraged! A small donation is greatly appreciated when you return the tool. The amounts suggested per tool are below what you’d pay to rent commercially, and it helps us keeping the library up and running for our community. But feel free to donate whatever amount you’d like–even if that’s nothing right now–we’d still like you to be able to get your job done!