Need a drill for a day? A torque wrench for a weekend? Staple guns to star bits, we can help. You need the right tools to do any job well, but not everyone has exactly what they need. Our Tool Library has over a thousand tools to share with our neighbors. We also offer used tools for purchase and DIY advice.
(Please note that the PNA doesn’t use the “login” function in the upper right corner; the system is currently set up for browsing only.)
Cider Press reservations are open
Our lovely cider press is available for your use this fall! We are currently accepting weekly reservations, Saturday to Saturday. If you would like to reserve your spot, please email Lynden at [email protected]. Read more about the cider press here.
Help us keep our tool library fully “staffed,” so we can stay full hours every week!
- Tool Library Assistant: Strong customer service and computer skills are a must for this volunteer position. Volunteers will check membership status, check tools out and in, and collect rental fees. Some experience will tools helpful, but not required. Shifts are 2.5 hours each.
- Repair Specialist: Repair and maintain tools (on-site, but potentially without interacting with the public).
About the Tool Library
Our Tool Library is a community-based program that will continue to provide a valuable service for all with the help of your donations and volunteer hours. You will see that we have made a few changes to the library including rental times, rental fees, and a new rental agreement.
Items can be checked out for one week at a time for a nominal fee ($1 to $50 per tool per week), with the potential for renewal, depending on demand. Our inventory is mostly available for viewing online, and we are working to ensure it is up-to-date.
The Tool Library is also the home of the NW Seattle Branch of the King County Seed Lending Library, which can be accessed during the Tool Library’s open hours.
Tool Library hours:
Saturday 9 am – 1 pm
We look forward to expanding our hours as we are able to when we have increased volunteer and staff capacity.
PLEASE NOTE: Occasionally we may not have enough volunteers to run the library on a given Saturday, and will inform the public via our Facebook page.
(To volunteer, email Lynden at [email protected] – no tool experience required – we need customer service folks, too!)
6615 Dayton Ave N. (The east side of the Brick Building). Parking is available in the Phinney Center Lower Lot (then go down the stairs on the south side of the Brick Building), and on Dayton Ave. Loading spots are available in the driveway next to the Tool Library.
Here’s how it works:
- The PNA Tool Library is available for PNA members. Sign up/renew online now! Current membership is required for both reserving and renting an item; reservations available for power washers, scaffolding, and cider press only.
- Read, sign, and return our updated Rental Agreement and Liability Waiver.
- No appointment necessary to rent items, but you must be healthy, wear a clean mask, and sanitize your hands upon entry. We will be limiting the number of people in our cozy space.
- Items can be checked out for one week at a time for a nominal fee (usually $1 to $50 per tool per week), with the potential for renewal, depending on demand for specific items. (The rental amounts per tool are far below what you’d pay to rent commercially, are in line with the other tool libraries in Seattle, and help us keep the library up and running for our community.)
- Use your tool and return it clean and when it is due. Depending on the tool you can recheck it out, otherwise you’ll incur a late fee.
Support the Tool Library
Your financial donations help us to purchase new items, repair parts, and replace broken equipment, as well as keep our Tool Library running!
Donate to the Tool Library Program
We will gladly accept quality tools in good condition and in working order! Thank you for understanding we may not accept all tools – our space is limited and we already have multiples of some tools.
To donate tools, please bring them to the Tool Library during open hours only (Saturdays, 9 am to 1 pm). Unfortunately, we do not have the capacity or space to accept all tools, nor the resources to dispose of them, if necessary. Thank you for your support.