PNA Village: Services
PNA Village Full Membership is available to people living in the Phinney, Greenwood, Ballard, Broadview and Bitter Lake neighborhoods. See map (PDF). People in other neighborhoods are welcome to join as Builder Members and Volunteers.
Volunteer Services (Full Members Only)
- Handy Helpers:Volunteers who assist with a wide range of small tasks and projects. Home maintenance and repair, garden/yard work, pet care, moving furniture, or changing a light bulb are a few examples of the many possibilities available.
- Transportation:With one week’s notice, PNA Village members can arrange rides to anywhere they need or want to go. This includes medical appointments, grocery shopping, or classes and community events.
- Friendly Visitors: Members who request this service are matched with volunteers for regular social visits. Friendly Visitors can also provide calls to members for specific purposes, like reminders about Village activities, friendly conversation, or a regular check-in.
- Volunteer Health Advocates:Volunteer Health Advocates are trained by the Washington State Health Advocacy Association (WASHAA) to assist Village members in situations where another person would be helpful to understand, ask questions, and get necessary information from doctors or other caregivers.
Referrals and Resources (Full & Builder Members)
- Referrals to Trusted Businesses: The Village office maintains a list of recommended and vetted businesses to refer to members. The Business Vetting Committee conducts reference checks, background checks, and research into each vendor on our vetted list. We also maintain a list of vendors recommended by our members.
Social Engagement (Full & Builder Members)
Events and Activities: Our vibrant events, activities and groups will keep you and your community connected.