PNA Village: Services
PNA Village Full Membership is available to people living in Northwest Seattle. This includes neighborhoods west of 1-5, south of 145th, and north of the Ship Canal. Neighborhoods include Phinney, Greenwood, Ballard, Broadview, Bitter Lake, Haller Lake, Licton Springs, Wallingford, and Fremont. People in other neighborhoods are welcome to join as Builder Members and Volunteers.
Volunteer Services (Full Members Only)
COVID-19 Update: Our Volunteer Services are currently open and available with safety guidelines in place. Proof of COVID vaccine + booster, masks and distancing are required for all indoor and transportation services.
- Handy Helpers:Volunteers who assist with a wide range of small tasks and projects. Home maintenance and repair, garden/yard work, pet care, moving furniture, or changing a light bulb are a few examples of the many possibilities available.
- Transportation:With one week’s notice, PNA Village members can arrange rides to anywhere they need or want to go. This includes medical appointments, grocery shopping, or classes and community events.
- Friendly Visitors: Members who request this service are matched with volunteers for regular social visits. Friendly Visitors can also provide calls to members for specific purposes, like reminders about Village activities, friendly conversation, or a regular check-in.
- Volunteer Health Advocates:Volunteer Health Advocates are trained by the Washington State Health Advocacy Association (WASHAA) to assist Village members in situations where another person would be helpful to understand, ask questions, and get necessary information from doctors or other caregivers.
Referrals to Trusted Businesses (Full & Builder Members)
- Referrals to Trusted Businesses: The Village Office maintains a list of favored local businesses that we refer our members to. We conduct reference checks, background checks, and research into each vendor on our vetted list. If you are a business and would like to be considered for this list, please download our application.
Social Engagement (Full & Builder Members)
Events and Activities: Our events, activities, and discussion groups are fun, low-key, and open to all members and volunteers. We have a mix of in-person, virtual, and call-in events.