- This event has passed.
King County Seed Library Seed Swap
Saturday, January 27, 2018 @ 1:00 pm - 4:00 pmFree
Will you grow heirlooms in your garden this year? Get seeds of these “plants with character” at the annual KCSLL Seed Swap and grow some history.
At the swap’s short workshops, learn to save your own seeds so you can share them with friends – and make a deposit to the seed library – next year.
If you have seeds to share, bring them to the Swap! We’re looking for edible garden seed from growers who got seed from us or just want to share extra seed they bought or saved.
- Please share only seeds of edible plants that your fellow gardeners would grow from seed, such as annual vegetables, herbs and edible flowers.
- If donating packaged seed, it should be organic or open-pollinated, plant types that will produce seed true to the stated variety. Heirlooms are by definition open-pollinated.
- If donating home-saved seed, please winnow and clean it off the stems or stalks as much as possible and bring only the seed.
- If you can’t clean it in advance, plan to spend some time cleaning it at the swap. We will have screens and buckets available.
- All shared seed should be fresh, within three years of purchase or saving.
- Pease label all donations with seed type, variety if known, and year it was grown/saved.
It’s great if you have seeds to share, but it is not required. All are welcome at the Seed Swap.
For more information, visit kingcoseed.org.
Location: Phinney Center Brick Building, Community Hall
Wednesday February 6, 2019 @ 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm
Thursday January 10, 2019 @ 10:30 am - 11:30 am