Winter Festival Vendor Application
Welcome to the application for the Phinney Neighborhood Association’s 41st Annual Winter Festival & Crafts Fair
December 4-5, 2021 . Phinney Center, Seattle, WA
Application deadline: Sunday, August 15
If you have any questions, please email Jessie at [email protected]
Welcome Back! We’re excited to announce that the 41st annual Winter Festival & Crafts Fair will be held in-person Saturday and Sunday, December 4 and 5, 2021! After this long, difficult year, we can’t wait to welcome vendors and shoppers back into our building again! We don’t yet know how many vendors will be in the show; we want to make sure to keep the space open enough for good flow and distancing.
- The show will be juried. The decision on the specific number of vendors they’ll choose won’t be made until late in the summer to ensure we have the most up-to-date COVID-19 information possible.
- The jury will be using your website/Etsy site(s) to determine acceptance to the show. If you do not have a website, it is not current, or it doesn’t have new or seasonal merchandise, you may upload 5 photos of your work to be viewed by jury. Please do not upload photos if your products are on your website.
- The application fee will be $25, paid at the time of entry.
- Booth fees range from $225 – $375 depending on size and location, paid at the time of acceptance. (Table rentals are available at $15 & $30)
- Have a photo/scan of your Seattle Business License ready to upload, if you have a license.
- You will be notified by September 10 if you have been accepted.
- If you have trouble with the application, please feel free to contact Jessie; she is more than happy to walk you through it.
- Please read all instructions as many of your questions may be answered within them.
Sunday, August 15, 2021, by midnight
- Application Fee: A $25 non-refundable jury fee must be submitted in order for your application to be considered complete and presented to the jury. You may pay the jury fee via credit card through the online application process.
After you complete the application, you will be redirected to a page to pay a $25 jury fee online. You’ll get a separate email receipt for that payment.
If you would prefer to pay by check, you may send one to the PNA C/O Jessie Hammer 6532 Phinney Ave N. Seattle, WA 98103. Include your business name. Your application will not be considered complete until the check is received. Please also email or call so we know to watch for your check.
- Booth Fees (There will be a limited number of each size booth, your requests will be strongly considered but cannot be guaranteed. )
- Small $200 (6′ wide x 5′ deep)
- Large $250 (8′ wide x 5′ deep)
- Double $375 (12′ wide x 5′ deep, 10′ x 6′ or L-shaped)
- Outside Space $200 (10′ x 10′, vendor must provide own tent/canopy)
- Table Rental
- Small (6′ x 30″) $15
- Large (8′ x 30″) $30
- Temporary Business License: If you do not have a Seattle business license you may obtain a temporary one through the PNA for $10 per day.
- Cancellations – If you are accepted and you cancel before Nov. 1, you will receive a 50 percent booth refund. After Nov. 1, you will receive a 50 percent refund only if your booth space can be filled.
- Only the $25 jury fee will be due at the time that the application is submitted. Accepted artists will then be billed for their booth space, table rental (if needed), and temporary business license (if needed).
- What type of crafts do you accept?
All work must be handcrafted by the applying artist – original in conception and design. No imports are eligible for exhibit or sale.
- How is the jury conducted?
Jurors are comprised of past shoppers of the event and members of the PhinneyWood community. Consideration of the craft’s uniqueness, price range, quality, and appropriateness to our event will be considered.
Some credit will be given to PNA members (learn about membership/become a member) and past participants, however, previous participation is not a guarantee of acceptance. The jury is a new group each year with no knowledge of how well a vendor has or has not done in past fairs.
Please know that each year more and more talented vendors apply to the Winter Festival & Crafts Fair. All crafts are beautiful and unique in their own right. The decision process is very hard and, unfortunately, not all vendors can be accepted.
- When will I be notified of acceptance?
We will email acceptance notifications by Sept. 10. Accepted vendors will be sent more detailed show information, their booth assignments, and an invoice for their booth fee and temporary business license (if needed). Vendors will be notified at this time if they are not accepted or if they have been placed on the alternate list.
- Alternate list – Vendors have been known to drop out as late as the week of the event. In the event that you are placed on the alternate list, please let us know if you would like to be notified in the case of a last-minute booth opening.
- Business License and taxes?
A Seattle (not Washington) business license is required to participate in the Winter Festival. If you do not have a Seattle business license you may obtain a temporary one through the PNA for $10 per day. If needed, this will be added to your booth fee if accepted. If you have a Seattle business license, you will be asked to upload a photo/scan it in the application process. Vendors are responsible for handling all business taxes.
APPLICATION PROCESS & SHOWING YOUR WORK
- The jury will be looking at your business website and/or Etsy shop to determine acceptance. If you do not have a website/Etsy shop or your site is out of date, you may upload up to five product photos. If your site is up to date, please do not upload additional photos.
Please note: To provide balance and variety, there will be limits in specific categories. Jewelry especially is a very competitive category. It is worth the effort to make sure there are good photos of your work on your sites. They are the only thing that jurors will see. Do not assume jurors will know your work as a past vendor. The most successful vendors offer related items at a range of prices, including some below $25.
- If you have a Seattle business license, be ready with a scan or photo of it to upload in your application
- Upon finishing the application portion, you will be directed to a page to pay the $25 application fee.
- You will receive an email to confirm your signature and finalize your application – please check your junk folder!
- Thank you for applying!
Feel free to reach out with any questions. Jessie Hammer is our Winter Festival Coordinator; she is here to help throughout the whole process. [email protected].
Winter Festival Artwork: Sandy Nelson Design
Winter Festival Artwork: Sandy Nelson Design