Whittier Kids School-Age Enrollment
2020-2021 School Year – Aug 26 Update
On Wednesday Superintendent Juneau made a recommendation to the School Board that Seattle Public Schools start the 2020-21 school year remotely. We know families have many questions about what this means for both Whittier Kids Preschool and our K-5 Before & After School Program. For Fall 2020, below is an update on our programs:
- Whittier Kids is offering Remote Learning School Day Care onsite at Whittier Elementary from 8:15 am-3 pm for 1st-5th graders beginning September 8.
- Tuition: Monday-Friday, $1250/month. In order to keep your children, family, & our staff as safe and healthy as possible, we will prioritize registering students for Monday – Friday so we can keep kids in the same small groups for the month. If space is available, we will offer part-time care, more details on PT care and pricing in link below.
- Students will need to bring their own SPS provided devices & headphones and families will need to provide meeting IDs, passwords, etc.
- Staff and children are required to wear masks, have daily health screenings, and maintain physical distancing. Our classrooms will be limited to 12 students each and parents will drop off and pick up without entering the building to minimize direct contact.
- Please click HERE for more detailed information on our program.
We still have a few spaces available, open to all SPS families, priority given to SPS educators and essential workers. We will get back to you with availability and/or waitlist info as soon as possible.
- After School Program: The After School program is not being offered this Fall. We will freeze confirmed registrations and wait-lists for the after-school program until in-person learning resumes. We will reach out with more details to all enrolled and waitlisted families at that time.
- Whittier Kids Preschool Program: We are not able to offer our preschool program this Fall. We will re-evaluate to see if we can resume in Jan 2021.
We recognize this is a difficult situation for everyone. Thank you for your understanding and patience as we all navigate this new school model.
Whittier Kids School Age Enrollment Process – Regular After school Program
- Annually we re-enroll all of our current families in March for the following school year and then conduct an open enrollment to accept requests from new families to fill any available openings. Whittier Kids does not keep a waitlist prior to Open Enrollment for the following school year.
- Whittier Kids Open Enrollment lottery date is generally held on the first Tuesday in April. Specific date posted online in January. All requests submitted on the Open Enrollment date are entered into a lottery for processing. We enroll families for any/all spaces available and all families are notified via email within 2-3 days of their enrollment/waitlist status. Deposits and complete enrollment forms are requested from new families upon enrollment and are required to reserve your space in our program once offered an opening.
- We keep a waitlist from families that are not offered a spot during open enrollment and families who request enrollment afterward through summer and the school year.