Whittier Kids School-Age Enrollment
2020-2021 School Year – Oct 21 Update
- Whittier Kids is offering Remote Learning School Day Care onsite at Whittier Elementary from 8:15 am-3 pm for 1st-5th graders.
- Tuition: Monday-Friday, $1250/month, 3 days/week: $900/month , 2 days/week, $650/month. Annual Registration Fee: $100. In order to keep your children, family, & our staff as safe and healthy as possible, we will prioritize registering students for Monday – Friday so we can keep kids in the same small groups for the month.
- Students will need to bring their own SPS provided devices & headphones and families will need to provide meeting IDs, passwords, etc.
- Staff and children are required to wear masks, have daily health screenings, and maintain physical distancing. Our classrooms will be limited to 12 students each and parents will drop off and pick up without entering the building to minimize direct contact.
- Please click HERE for more detailed information on our program.
- Submit a Request for Remote Learning Care
We still have spaces available, open to all SPS families. Note: we may not be able to accommodate students from all SPS schools due to the widely varying lunch/recess schedules. We will get back to you with availability and/or waitlist info as soon as possible.
- After School Program: The After School program is not being offered this Fall. We will freeze confirmed registrations and wait-lists for the after-school program until in-person learning resumes. We will reach out with more details to all enrolled and waitlisted families at that time.
- Whittier Kids Preschool Program: We are not able to offer our preschool program this Fall. We will re-evaluate to see if we can resume in Jan 2021.
We recognize this is a difficult situation for everyone. Thank you for your understanding and patience as we all navigate this new school model.
Whittier Kids School Age Enrollment Process – Regular Afterschool Program (currently on hold)
- Annually we re-enroll all of our current families in March for the following school year and then conduct an open enrollment to accept requests from new families to fill any available openings. Whittier Kids does not keep a waitlist prior to Open Enrollment for the following school year.
- Whittier Kids Open Enrollment lottery date is generally held on the first Tuesday in April. Specific date posted online in January. All requests submitted on the Open Enrollment date are entered into a lottery for processing. We enroll families for any/all spaces available and all families are notified via email within 2-3 days of their enrollment/waitlist status. Deposits and complete enrollment forms are requested from new families upon enrollment and are required to reserve your space in our program once offered an opening.
- We keep a waitlist from families that are not offered a spot during open enrollment and families who request enrollment afterward through summer and the school year.