To see more events hosted at the Greenwood Senior Center, click here.
9/2 – Friday
PNA Fall Blood Drive
PC Blue Building. 1-7 pm. (Closed 3-4 pm)
Help ensure this precious resource is available for ill and injured people in our community by giving blood. Schedule an appointment online or by calling 800.398.7888, or just stop by!
9/9 - Friday
Site of the Greenwood explosion (Empty lot at 8409-8415 Greenwood Ave N).
6 pm-9 pm. Free.
Join us for a party to support our local businesses and residents as they recover from the March 9th explosion, and celebrate our neighborhood’s heroes—YOU, the supporters and volunteers for the Greenwood Relief efforts! Live DJ, the Mr. Gyros food truck, activities and more!
9/10 – Saturday
PNA Book Exchange
PC Blue Building. 11 am-2 pm. Free.
Trade your gently used books for something new. Browse favorite genres – mysteries, science fiction & fantasy, and kids’ lit – plus cookbooks in partnership with local nonprofit City Fruit. Meet other readers, get recommendations on authors you may have missed, and enjoy tasty treats.
Don’t have books to exchange but still want to browse? Buy paperbacks for $1 and hardbacks for $2.
9/14 - Wednesday
PNA Quarterly Business Member Social
12-1:30 pm. Location TBA. Free for Business Members, $10 Non-Members.
Learn how the United States Small Business Administration (SBA) can help grow and expand your small business. The SBA offers free counseling and technical assistance programs, numerous lending options and access to federal contracting opportunities that assist entrepreneurs.
9/17 – Saturday
Seattle Folklore Society's 50 Years of Folk Festival
11 am-10 pm. PC Blue & Brick Buildings.
To celebrate their 5oth anniversary, the Seattle Folklore Society will host a whole day of music, dancing, singing and participatory workshops for all ages at the Phinney Center, followed by a special evening showcase concert. The festival is co-sponsored by the Phinney Neighborhood Association.
9/24 – Saturday
Ballard Preschool Co-op Gently Used Kids' Gear Sale
PC Brick Building. 9 am-1 pm.
BPC's popular Gently Used Kids' Gear Sale promises super-duper deals on quality, gently used clothes (newborn-size 8), shoes, toys and gear—including pack and plays, cribs, car seats, strollers, maternity wear and more! The entry line typically starts forming before 9 am. Don't forget your shopping bags! Strollers must be parked at the door.
Do you have some gently used items to get rid of? Anyone can sign up to sell! Sellers receive 75% of the proceeds from their sold items. The remaining 25% directly supports the Ballard Preschool Co-op. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
9/29 – Thursday
'Thank You Thursday' at Reuben’s Brews, benefiting Ballard Preschool Co-op
5010 14th Ave. NW. 3-8 pm.
Join us for a fun evening at Reuben’s Brew as we team up for their Thank You Thursday event! Reuben's Brews will generously donate $1 to the Ballard Preschool Co-op from all pints, growler fills and sets of three tasters of at least $5 value.
9/30 – Friday
GSC. 7-10 pm. $15 PNA Members / $20 General Public. - SOLD OUT
Bingo, karaoke and good times for folks age 21 and older.
10/5 – Wednesday
PhinneyWood Eateries. All day.
Eat out to help your neighbors in need! Local restaurants, pubs and coffee shops will donate a portion of their sales on Wednesday, Oct 5 to the PNA’s Hot Meal Program. Since 1998, the Hot Meal Program has served three meals every week to several hundred low income, disabled and elderly neighbors.
10/6 – Thursday
The Power of Community Breakfast: Better Together
GSC. 7:30-8:30 am. Free, $50 minimum suggested donation
Our fifth annual fundraising breakfast for our senior programs, supporting meaningful connections and resiliency for older adults in the community. Keynote by Nancy Hooyman, Professor and Dean Emeritus, University of Washington, School of Social Work. Please RSVP by Wed., Sept. 28. Can't attend? You can still give a gift here.
SAVE THE DATES
10/14 - PNA Member Potluck & Orientation
10/15 - Phinney Neighborhood Preschool Co-Op Gently Used Kids' Gear Sale
10/15 - Learn about Volunteering for the PNA Village
10/15 - PNA Village New Member Orientation
10/15 - PNA Village Member and Potluck
10/17 & 18 - Village Volunteer Health Advocate Training
10/29 - Hunger Goblin' Trick or Treat